Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LOVE

1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 13

1 If I talk with the tongues of men and even of angels, but if I do not love people, then I am only like the sound of a big horn or a loud bell.

2 If I speak words from God, if I can understand all secrets, and know everything, if I can move mountains by believing, but if I do not love people, I am nothing, even though I can do all of these things.

3 If I give away all I have, and if I give my body to be burned, but if I do not love people, I get nothing out of it.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. Love is not proud and does not boast.

5 Love does not do things that are not nice. Love does not just think of itself. Love does not get angry. Love holds no wrong feelings in the heart.

6 Love is not glad when people do wrong things. But it is always glad when they do right.

7 Love forgives everything. Love is always trusting, and always hoping, and never gives up.

8 Love never ends.

13 These three things will remain for ever. They are faith, hope, and love. And love is the greatest of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment