Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Testimony - The Fall

My life could have end on June 2009. It was the Lord who saved me. A long scar on my wrist reminds me of His grace each time i see it.

A fateful evening on 15 June 2009 had me strolling along Fort Canning Park. There was a row of bushes in front of me, and thinking that it was a shortcut to an exit, i hopped over it. Little did I realise that after the bushes was actually a cliff measuring half a storey high. To make matter worse, my feet got trapped on the ends of the bush, and I fell headfirst to the ground...

Instinctively I stretched out my left hand to break my fall. Despite the break fall, I hit my head hard onto the ground. I could smell the freshness of soil and grass. I laid on the ground dazed for quite a while, and as I stood up, a shock that soon turned to relief awaited me - the spot where my head hit the soil was just barely 5 centimetres away from a concrete pathway.

I knew right there and then that it's God. It must be God. He saved me! I thank God immediately. Some might say it's just a coincident. But I knew better. I was admitted to hospital the next day, after my wrist swelled abnormally. I was there for 3 Days 2 Nights, and my operation took 3 hours. The surgeon said I had a very bad fracture that broke my wrist at 3 areas. I had 6 screws and 2 metal brackets to hold my bones in place.

That's not the end of my testimony. Within 3 months, my bones had healed completely. The surgeon who reviewed my situation said I've made remarkable recovery, considering the severe fracture that I suffered. I returned back to rock-climbing on my 4th month! Praise the Lord! He was double affirming to me that not only did He saved my life, He healed me too! I prayed for the scars to be gone, but I think it's there for a reason: it reminds me of His mercy and grace.

Since then, I started to turn my life back to the Lord. I told my close friends, that if it's not because of Him, they would visit me at my funeral instead of the hospital. I would have been condemned to eternal hell if I were to die back then, for I was indulging in a life of sins. I believe that God has kept me for His greater purpose. And I'm excited about His purposes and plans for me. God is merciful, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment