Monday, August 16, 2010

The Psalmist

Psalm 6:6-9
6 I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.


Psalm 13:5-6
But I have trusted in thy lovingkindness;
My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
I'll sing unto Jehovah, Because he hath dealt bountifully with me.


Psalm 16:8

I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.


Psalm 23:2-4
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.


Psalm 30:11-12
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.


Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


Psalm 37:4-5
Delight thyself also in the LORD;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him;
and he shall bring it to pass.


Psalm 45:7

You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.


Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah


Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me


Psalm 51:12-13
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.


Psalm 56:3-4, 13
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.

4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust;
I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

13 For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God in the light of life.


Psalm 64:10
The righteous shall be glad in Jehovah, and shall take refuge in him;
And all the upright in heart shall glory.


Psalm 73:23-26
23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.


Psalm 84:11-12
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory:
no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.


Psalm 91:2-4, 14-16
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


Psalm 97:11-12
Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous;
and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.


Psalm 100:1-5
1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Psalm 112:7-8
7 He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear;
in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.


Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Psalm 119:25-28
25 I am laid low in the dust;
preserve my life according to your word.

26 I recounted my ways and you answered me;
teach me your decrees.

27 Let me understand the teaching of your precepts;
then I will meditate on your wonders.

28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.


Psalm 128:1-2
Blessed is every one that fears the LORD; that walks in his ways.
For thou shall eat the labor of thine hands:
happy shall thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment