Monday, August 16, 2010

Verses Against Depression

Romans 8:6
The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.


2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,
and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.


Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things.


1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.


Hebrews 13:15-16
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—
the fruit of lips that confess his name.
And do not forget to do good and to share with others,
for with such sacrifices God is pleased.


2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!


Romans 14:8
If we live, we live to the Lord;
and if we die, we die to the Lord.
So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.


Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.


Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
but a broken spirit drieth the bones.


Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.


Habakkuk 3:18
Yet I will rejoice in Jehovah, I will joy in the God of my salvation.


Luke 2:10

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.


Isaiah 35:10
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return,
and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads:
they shall obtain joy and gladness,
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.


John 15:10-11
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you,
and that your joy might be full.


Philippians 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.


Matthew 5:3-10
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.


John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


1 Peter 5:7-9
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8 Be self-controlled and alert.
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith,
because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.


Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment